Loss Leaders

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Brunch Tunes: Little Richard



Last weekend my friend Michael and I were talking about music for a chill Easter Sunday. We came up with some good suggestions between the two of us but, considering the timing, we both gravitated towards some cool gospel music. So my first suggestion for a great musical accompaniment for a fun weekend is .....

Little Richard's God is Real was recorded in 1959 after Richard's 2 year hiatus from rock n roll and enrollment in Bible college. Little Richard's gospel singing career makes up some of his lesser known material and some of his most surprising. It's heartfelt approach and genuine passion makes "God is Real" among some of Little Richard's most personal music.

Listen to these great Little Richard songs:
Everytime I Feel the Spirit
Just A Closer Walk With Thee
I'm Tramping
God Is Real


React: What do you think of Little Richard's gospel songs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home