Loss Leaders

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Welcome




It took me a long time to get back into the online blog thing. I co-founded the webzine Jam! Online out of NYC in 1995. We did some cool features on indie bands and some major label alternative groups too. Our claim to fame was that we were one of the first to include online music files and were one of the first online "leaks" of a record when we posted two songs from the Sneaker Pimps. Those downloads nearly shut down our host server!

One of the issues that has kept me from launching a blog is some perfectionist desire to have some predetermined blog concept, a spiffy logo and generally an awesome, sexy blog from day one. Well, obviously, will is some growth here before Loss Leaders is the next Stereogum. And honestly, I'm not sure if I even aspire to that...

Loss Leaders will spotlight cool, new musical happenings in and from Los Angeles, California and will celebrate the special sounds and emerging talent from my hometown, the City of Angels. Occasionally some topics that my favorite blogs tackle will appear here too: yummy restaurants, the Dodgers, best bar jukeboxes, etc.

Richard Scarry rules.

BO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home